Monday, December 3, 2012

Blog 11.27.2012-leaving LA/address

Here I sit again. Different airport, same deal. I'm currently waiting for the first flight of this trip at an itty bitty Louisiana airport. This also happens to be the first delayed flight of my trip. At least the elevator music is doing its job of keeping me awake.

I'm about to head to Georgia for awhile and then to my final destination for a few months. This deployment is a bit more emotional for me than my prior three. Chalk it up to this being the first one I haven't specifically requested or to a simple wanting to be home for the holidays after being gone so often in the past few years. Either way, I miss people already but I know once I get there and into the groove that there won't be any time for mixed emotions. I'm sure I'll fall right back in love with it like I have every time.

A bunch of people have asked me for my address thus far... here goes!

Brittany Reynolds
American Red Cross
Bagram Air Base
APO AE 09354

I don't know how long it usually takes, but the boxes I shipped to myself got there in less than a week. I'm reasonably confident that will not consistently be the case, particularly with the holidays coming up, but feel free to write!

Signing out for some stimulating crochet work--already slipping back into my deployment old lady habits--oh boy!

1 comment:

Aunt Cin said...

Crochet work?? How did I not know you were taking up the old lady tradition? Keep in mind...the old ladies...aka Aunt Peg and her pals, taught me to crochet on the beaches of Lake Erie at the age of 5. :) Personally I have taken up knitting scarves recently. Taught myself on youtube! :)