Monday, December 3, 2012

Blog 12.3.2012-Benning

I'm sitting on a bus at Fort Benning before 7 am (but I've been up since 4 so I'm pretty awake) and I've been asked to write 16 facts about my life that are easily recalled. This, of course, got me thinking about my life as a whole. I truly know some amazing people. I don't know to what I owe the privilege of this knowledge, but I am so grateful that I do. The fact that I can call some of these people my friends astounds me. I am so incredibly blessed. I don't know why it takes an early morning epiphany to get me thinking about this stuff, but I certainly am glad that my brain follows a somewhat random thought process from time to time.

As for Benning itself... same old show. TSIRT, rules, CBT, SERE, AGSRP, CIF, medical, TSIRT again. Once again we don't go to the range. (Makes sense for non-combatants to skip it, right?) The one exciting update? They've "renovated" the barracks. What that means for me? Everything is exactly the same EXCEPT instead of bay communal showers we now have a bay with a couple shower curtains and walls! Some semblance of privacy! Just when I had gotten used to the bay... oh, well. I certainly wouldn't want to go back now!

1 comment:

Deb S said...

Well, where are the 16 things...or are these to be addressed in future blog postings?